A-PEX ! so obsolete .

Friday, November 5, 2010

Typefaces/Typography: "Helvetica"

Helvetica is defined as:a typeface in which characters have no serifs. Other people define Helvetica as: beautiful, timeless, and something that just shouldn't be messed with.I just look at Helvetica as another font and before the movie, I didn't know what a "typeface" was. As a continued to watch the movie, I got the feel of how important typefaces were, especially this certain one. I mean, Helvetica was everywhere! On shirts, building, public buses, and roads. Everyday artists such as ones that work with magazines or graphic designs was an everyday must for them.To me, Helvetica is a classic. I agree with authors when the say that its' "neutral" or shouldn't have a meaning. I believe that Helvetica will always be here and it is a very timeless Typeface that shouldn't be messed with. 


Morgan-Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment