A-PEX ! so obsolete .

Friday, January 28, 2011

Morgan Stampley / Artist Statement !

    The start of my senior year in high school, I enrolled in this class (Beginning Media Arts) and I didn’t know what to expect. I never thought in a lifetime I would like photography so much to the point where if there is a moment, I want to capture it.
    Before we got into any assignments or took any photographs, we had to learn the ins and outs of the Adobe Photoshop Software. My favorite techniques to use that we learned was: desaturate, blur, and using typography in my photos.
    In the beginning weeks of Media Arts class, we started paying Homage to well-known photographers of our choice. I chose to pay homage to Garry Winohard because he shot all types of social scenes and people in them, just like everyday life! I thought this would be a great concept for me being that I’m a very social person and I’m away from my house all the time. Garry Winohard was known for his portrayal of America in the early 1960’s so I thought it would be a cool idea to be known for my portrayal of Minnesota in 2010-2011.
    After we learned about paying Homage to well-known photographers, our next task was to complete photographs with typography in them. To do this, we had to learn about typefaces, which was the style or design of a font and find out which design would look best on each photo. In our time here, we learned about a specific typeface called Helvetica: it has no serifs and it is a very classic font that you see everyday.
    In the end, I have found a new love of photography. The meaning behind my photography name, “Company Loves Photography”, anybody can find his or her love in anything! My love is in people and that’s where I got my inspiration.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment